”Anticipation is key for goal-oriented behaviour. . . . Good pilots say ”Always fly ahead of your plane!”” Marcus Rall and Peter Dieckman
This checklist is indicated prior to the team management of a potentially critical patient. The purpose of the checklist is to prime to the team. The ”Sign-In” is an adapted version of the WHO (World Health Organization) Surgical Safety Checklist Time-Out organized according to the SBAR communication format.
- Team introduction (first name & profession)
- Patient’s age & problem
- Patient’s prior medical history
- Current event (e.g. ambulance report)
- Potential conditions?
- Potential measures?
- Division of labor; need for extra personnel?
- Suggestions from team-members?